Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Getting a Maltipoo / Pasir Ris Farmway visit

We are going to get a new member into our family, a puppy!

I wanted to get a dog ever since we got back from visiting Joan's sister, Jasmine, in Hong Kong. She had a red toy poodle, Pudding.

Frankly speaking, never have I come close to a dog, Joan did. I always have this phobia against dogs, especially when they come running/charging towards me. After coming back from Hong Kong, the perception of dogs have changed for me. I love them! (not large dogs at the moment, they still scares me!)

After much online research for more than 2 weeks, I decided to get a maltipoo, cross breed of maltese and poodle.

A brief introduction of Maltipoo. http://www.vetstreet.com/dogs/maltipoo


--------------------

Joan and I got out of bed with excitement even though we were so tired and lack of sleep after the tedious weekend at work and house chores to top it off.

Long journey to the kennels...

The first kennel we entered was pretty neat but sadly, they do not have any maltipoo nor they bring them in. They told me that our local market is hard to find such breed and asked me to get their cavoodle instead. Lies...I know. I was already told there are maltipoos in certain kennels. Thanks Yeemei.

So we proceed to the second kennel, was neat and well maintained as well. They have 2 red maltipoo. Third kennel have 2 apricot maltipoo.

The rest of the kennels are outrageous. Poorly maintained environment, poorly maintained dogs and rude owners (bo chup!).

We got our eyes on the second shop's red maltipoo. Siblings from the same litter, one's a male and the other a female. We eyed the male due to our preference. Felt bad that we have to put them apart, hope one day there is a change in HDB rules to have 2 toy breeds instead of one.

Reserved the maltipoo pup. Tomorrow will be Yu Dan (魚蛋) second vaccination and getting microchip.

Can't wait for 15th May to come...

Till then, time to shop for stuffs for Yu Dan (魚蛋) and read up more in regards to the pup so he can be happy when he enters his new home!







14 comments:

  1. hi, may i know the address of the second and third kennel which have the maltipoo? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce,

    Nice knowing that you have interest in Maltipoo too!

    I'll try to pm you the kennel. Doubt I'm allow to do any adverts as a third party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have pm you on google+ on your hangouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice blog capturing yudan's upbringing story! is it possible for you to share the price of the dog? have been very interested in getting one maltipoo as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenkins,

    Sorry for the late reply. Was traveling and work was hectic when I got back.

    I got Yu Dan for SGD$1500.

    Nice knowing you have interest in Maltipoos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!! Could I know the kennel as I am very interested in maltipoo to become my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi i have some quoestions to ask u abt maltipoo. Would u be kind enough to watssapp me.😆 my number os 91821978

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there. Would appreciate it if you could share where did you buy your maltipoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi May I know the name of the kennel?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now you have got your dog a suitable kennel or a dog run, what is your dog doing when it is not exercising? I browsed through quite a bit dog beds with all sorts of design and style.
    Dog Run NZ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pls lemme know the kennel that you went to. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We only have 4 full grooming slots per groomer per day to ensure safety of furkids and quality of groom. puppy singapore

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello please let me know the name of the kennel? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi could I know where the kennel is? Thank you

    ReplyDelete